What is Hours of Service (HoS)?
The FMCSA’s Hours of Service (HOS) regulation governs the working and driving hours of anyone operating a commercial motor vehicle. As a preventative measure to avoid excessive fatigue, drivers must comply with total daily allowance established by FMCSA and record duty status and its duration (off-work, on-duty, driving or resting) in an electronic logging device (ELD). Drivers will have to present their complete duty records to roadside inspectors when requested.
What is Electronic Logging Device (ELD)?
Electronic Logging Device (ELD) legislation replaces the manual Record of Duty Status (RODS) paper logs and must be installed in every vehicle that is federally operated by regulated carriers. It is meant to automate data logging to avoid inaccuracies and falsifications of records.
Drivers who have implemented AOBRD before the December 2017 deadline will have additional 2 years (until December 16, 2019) to transition to an ELD (Electronic logging device.)
AT&T Fleet Complete AOBRD and ELD solutions
- View of available drive time: comprehensive dashboard overview of the available drive time and current status based on the chosen HoS rule
- 11 HoS rules: US and Canadian provincial, intra/inter state and federal HoS rules are provided and regularly updated, ensuring your fleet is always compliant
- Automatic duty status update: driver’s duty status is automatically updated to “Drive” when movement over 1.2 mph is detected
- Alerts of violation thresholds: notifications of approaching drive time violations allow the driver to better plan their routes and stops in order to stay compliant.
AOBRD and ELD Implementation requirements
- AT&T Fleet Complete ELD mobile application, powered by BigRoad installed on the driver’s mobile device
- Engine data module connected to the Engine Control Module
- *AOBRD option can be upgraded to ELD provisioning over the air
- AT&T Fleet Complete software installed on Desktops/Laptops
- Supports Windows 7 and up; Mac is not supported
- Unlimited training and support available upon request